Sabudana kheer is a easy, creamy and thick pudding. It is a simple Indian dessert recipe especially at the time of fasting. Serve sabudana kheer today at iftar to feel comfort at the first day of Ramadan.
Sabudana kheer is good for digestion and boosts energy quickly.It is also known as tapioca pearls or sago pearls or sabudana.To prepare sabudana kheer in very easy steps.
The first step is to fry the dry fruits in ghee, the second step is to boil water and cooking sabudana, the third step is to adding sugar, the fourth step is to pouring milk and dry fruits. Garnish with fried cashew nuts, almonds, raisins and dry dates.
Serve sabudana kheer cool, warm or hot of a thick creamy consistency. It contains many health benefits. Let us know some of the benefits. Sabudana kheer contains calcium, iron, vitamins, carbohydrates.
It helps to control blood pressure and cholesterol levels. It is good for muscle growth and bone health.Try other recipes.
Video for sabudana kheer:
Recipe card for sabudana kheer:
- Ghee- 1 1/2 spoon
- Sabudana- 1 cup or 3/4 glass
- Water- 4 glass
- Sugar- 1 cup
- Milk- 1 1/2 glass
- cardamom- 3
- Halved cashewnuts- 1/4 cup
- Halved almonds- 16
- Chopped dry dates- 3
- Raisins- 26
- Heat a pan over medium flame add ghee.
- Add cardamoms chopped dry dates, raisins, halved almonds and cashew nuts.
- Fry the dry fruits until they turn golden brown.
- Take into a plate and set aside.Pour four glasses of water boil it.
- When water comes to boil, add sabudana and stir well.
- Add cardamom and stir occasionally.
- Almost sabudana cooked, now add sugar and stir until it dissolves completely.
- Pour boiled milk and let it boil.Add all the dry fruits stir well. Wait for a minute and switch off the fire.
- Take into a bowl and garnish with fried almonds, cashew nuts, dry dates and raisins.
Step by step procedure for sabudana kheer:
Frying dry fruits:
Heat a pan over medium flame add ghee.
Add chopped dry dates, raisins, halved almonds and cashew nuts.
Fry all the dry fruits until they turn golden brown.
Take into a plate and set aside.
Pour four glasses of water boil it.For 1 cup of sabudana take 4 glass of water according to the size of sabudana. Boil water.
Cooking sabudana and adding sugar:
When water comes to boil, add sabudana and stir well.
Add cardamom and stir occasionally.
Almost sabudana cooked, now add sugar and stir until it dissolves completely.
Pour 1 1/2 glass of boiled milk and let it boil.
Add all the fried dry fruits stir well. Adding fried dry dates at the end it will be crunchy.
Wait for a minute, when the milk get boiled switch off the fire.
Take smooth kheer into a bowl.
Garnish with fried almonds, cashew nuts, dry dates and raisins.